Pots and pottery
'Whilst constantly aware of the worlds superb legacy of classical forms, I aim to explore contemporary themes - using flowing lines and a full sense of volume'.
Making, Glazing and firing
- Porcelain pots thrown and turned on a Leach style wooden kick wheel
- Stoneware pots created on an electric Shimpo wheel.
- Feldspathic glazes, using traditional recipes, attractive and hard wearing.
- Celadon is a pale green, gained from small additions of iron.
- Tenmoku is rich in iron, giving a deep, shiny dark glaze.
- Durable wood ash glazes - using ash from woodburner.
- Dried pots bisque fired before glazing
- Reduction fired in down draught gas kiln to around 1280c.